Friday, July 6, 2012

Life Is A Story

I'm linking up today with Lisa-Jo for another Five-Minute Friday.

Topic for today: STORY








My life is a story. Part of the story I am living is something I never dreamed . . . never imagined would be part of me.

The story doesn't begin with what happened a year ago. The story doesn't begin the day that my husband and I said I Do or the day we started dating. The story doesn't begin with my first memory or the day my mother realized she was expecting baby #2.

What happened a year ago, however, has changed the course . . . the theme of how I thought my life was being written.

What happened a year ago was tragic . . . heart-wrenching . . . life changing.

What happened a year ago has taken who I was, who my husband and I were as a couple, my faith, and my role as a mother and started weaving in new fibers, different threads and textures. It has changed me. I can't remove those new threads without undoing everything that came before. And so, as much as everything hurts, I can't change any of it.

It has become a part of us. It has become a story that needs to be told.

It was always meant to be told.

It is a story that didn't begin a year ago or the day I took my first breath. It is a story that began with the creation of land and sea, light and night, woman and man.

Who am I not to share?





Stephanie





3 comments:

  1. It is hard to look back at those moments and say THAT---that right there is where I changed. Sadly we don't often have a choice in the matter. Hugs for what you have endured. Stopped over from 5Mf.
    <3Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still struggling to figure out my story... maybe because I'm looking for the happy ending. Thanks for the reminder that it's all a part of my story...

    visiting from 5MF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image you found to go along with this wonderful outpouring of your heart! I often have to remind myself not to be so focused on the end goal that I miss the journey along the way! (also visiting from 5MF)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...