Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Precious Baby Girl

My heart is heavy tonight.

I received some heart wrenching information earlier today. I woman who is a relative stranger to me, a friend of a friend, has had her heart shattered (of this, I am sure). Yesterday she went to her OB/GYN for her 20 week appointment and ultrasound. The ultrasound revealed a piece of earth shattering information. Her baby girls heart had stopped beating.  She later delivered her precious little girl.

From what I know, she has two or three boys at home and this would have been their first girl.

My heart hurts so deeply for her. I am no expert on grief (I can't even get a grasp on my own) but I know this road before her is going to be long and treacherous. Everyone grieves differently and so I am confident that her road will not look exactly like mine but I know there will be a lot of hurt, a lot of questions and a lot of tears.

She is a Mother, a Mommy. A Mother's love is unique by design and complex in nature. Nobody loves like a Mother. It is a such a wonderful love.

I am sure that she had and still has a unique and wonderful love for her Sweet Baby A.

Please pray for her and her family tonight. Pray for peace and grace and comfort from the Only One who can truly give it. I pray that the Prince of Peace picks her up, wraps His comforting arms around her and carries her until she has the strength to stand on her own. I pray that their marriage is strengthened through and by this. I pray that God gives her answers.

I like to imagine that my little Emmy and Vivi were at the gates of Heaven when Baby A entered them.




Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...